Fluke 87V True RMS Industrial Multimeter with temperature
The Fluke 87V Industrial True RMS Multimeter with Temperature has improved measurement functions, trouble-shooting features, resolution and accuracy to solve more problems on motor drives, in plant automation, power distribution and electro-mechanical equipment. The Fluke 87V operates very similar to the classic 87, but with more problem-solving power, safety, convenience and impact protection. An intrinsically safe version, the Fluke 87V-Ex, is contains all of the same features with ATEX certification for hazardous locations.
Fluke 87V multimeters feature a unique function for accurate voltage and frequency measurements on adjustable speed motor drives and other electrically noisy equipment. The Fluke 87V also has a built-in thermometer which conveniently allows you to take temperature readings without having to carry a separate instrument. The large digit display with bright, two-level backlight makes the 80 series V significantly easier to read than older models.
All inputs are protected to Category III, 1000V and Category IV 600 V. They can withstand impulses in excess of 8,000 V and reduce risks related to surges and spikes.
The Fluke 87V has improved measurement functions, troubleshooting features, resolution and accuracy to solve more problems on motor drives, in plant automation, power distribution, and electromechanical equipment. The 87V operates very similar to the classic 87, but with more problem-solving power, safety, convenience and impact protection.
With its newly incorporated selectable low pass filter, the Fluke 87V allows troubleshooters to take accurate voltage, current and frequency measurements on the output side of the drive at either the drive itself or the motor terminals.
- AC/DC voltage 600mV, 6V, 60V, 600V, 1000V
- AC/DC current 600μA, 6000μA, 60mA, 600mA, 6A, 10A
- Resistance 600Ω, 6kΩ, 60kΩ, 600kΩ, 6MΩ, 50MΩ
- Frequency 199.99Hz, 1.9999kHz, 19.999kHz, 199.99kHz
- Capacitance 10nF, 100nF, 1μF, 10μF, 100μF, 9,999μF
- Temperature -328 to 1994°F (-200 to 1090°C)
- True-RMS AC voltage and current
- 0.05% DC accuracy
- 4.5 digit mode for precise measurements
- Min/Max and average recording
- Category III, 1000V and Category IV, 600V
- True-rms ac voltage and current for accurate measurements on non linear signals
- Selectable filter for accurate voltage and frequency measurements on motor drives
- 0.05 % dc accuracy
- 4-1/2 digit mode for precise measurements
- Built-in thermometer lets you carry one less tool
- Large display digits and two-level bright white backlight for increased visibility
- 10,000 µF capacitance range for components and motor caps
- Peak capture to record transients as fast as 250 µs
- Measure up to 1000 V ac and dc
- Measure up to 10 A, 20 A for up to 30 seconds
- Auto and manual ranging for maximum flexibility
- Analog bargraph
- Resistance, continuity and diode test
- Frequency to 200 kHz and % duty cycle
- Min/Max and average recording to capture variations automatically
- Relative mode to remove test lead resistance from low ohms measurements
- Improved sleep mode for long battery life
- Access door for fast battery changes without breaking the calibration seal
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Removable holster with built in test lead and probe storage
- Cat IV 600 V and Cat III 1000 V electrical safety ratings
- Basic test leads and alligator clips
- Bead type thermocouple temperature probe
Correctly measure pulse-width modulated motor drive signals
Until now, there hasn’t been a multimeter able to accurately measure adjustable speed drives. But the Fluke 87V is designed specifically to handle these complex signals. Think of the potential productivity you’ll gain by taking the guesswork out of drive system troubleshooting. Measurements are correct each and every time.
- Unique function for accurate measurements of noisy pulse-width modulated AC voltage.
- Measures correctly at the ASD and at the motor terminals
- Accurately measure the frequency (motor speed). Frequency measurement not affected by the ASDs carrier frequency
- Measure AC current with an optional current clamp accessory
- Compare reading from the 87V with the display on the ASD
- Special shielding blocks high frequency, high-energy noise generated by large drive systems
What’s in the Box
- TL75 test leads
- AC72 alligator clips
- 9V battery
- Temperature probe
- Manual & operator’s guide on CD