Fluke T6-1000 Electrical Tester, 1000 V AC
Measure voltage up to 1000 V ac due to FieldSense technology, which easily and quickly takes measurements by sliding a conductor through the open fork. Additionally, without opening covers or removing wire nuts, on wires up to AWG 4/0 (120 mm2), carrying as much as 200 A which makes the jobs safer, faster and easier.
- FieldSense technology for ac voltage, current and frequency measurement without making electrical contact to live voltage
- Simultaneous voltage and current display shows all power supply measurements at a glance for efficient troubleshooting
- 1 to 1000 V ac or dc
- 0.1 to 200 A ac
- Resistance 1 Ω to 100 kΩ
- Frequency measurement 45 to 66 Hz
- Works with wires up to AWG 4/0 (120 mm2) with a 0.7″ (17.8 mm) jaw opening
- Hold button temporarily freezes the reading for easy viewing
- Easy to read display with backlight
Why use this electrical tester?
Electricians often work in boxes jammed with wires, where finding a safe metallic contact point can be a challenge. With this tester they can take measurements by sliding a single wire into the open fork.
How FieldSense works
FieldSense technology is truly a breakthrough in how voltage is measured. While other open fork testers detect a magnetic field to show ac current, FieldSense technology detects an electrical field. This field interacts with a reference signal created by the tester, creating a voltage value on the tester’s display.
Tips: FieldSense technology
Do not hold or touch wire you are testing during a measurement. Use the black probe to make the ground connection if:
- Wearing gloves or insulated footwear
- Standing on an insulated ladder
- Additional ground contact is required for the application
FieldSense measurement looks like this when probably grounded:
- Display color turns green
- Display shows a valid measurement >16 V rather than dashes or 0.0
- Shows for measurement ≥30 V
- Commercial and light industry