Fluke VT04 Visual Infrared Thermometer
The Fluke VT04 visual infrared thermometer bridges the gap between low cost IR thermometers and higher priced thermal imagers by combining the convenience of a spot thermometer with the visual advantage of an infrared camera to create a brand new tool category capable of instantly identifying the exact location of a problem.
Featuring a highly portable, handheld design and simplicity of operation, the Fluke VT04 incorporates a built-in digital camera with a thermal map to identify problem areas. Exclusive technology allows users to overlay the digital image with the thermal image and blend the images in values of 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, and full thermal with one button.
The Fluke VT04 visual infrared thermometer is easy to operate and requires no training. The unit is fully automatic with built-in intelligence. The VT04 has a temperature range from 14 to 482°F (-10 to +250°C) with an accuracy of ±2°C or ±2% of reading. The 28° x 28° field of view is best-in-class for tight spaces while the advanced optics provides outstanding resolution and images four times sharper than the older Fluke VT02 visual infrared thermometer.
The Fluke VT04 can store up to 10,000 images per Gb of SD card and includes SmartView reporting software that is capable of producing professional quality reports. Additional feature for the VT04 include a Hi/Lo temperature alarm, time lapse image capture, and auto-monitor alarm which automatically captures images after a user selected temperature alarm has been triggered. Despite the features the Fluke VT04 is easy to operate and requires no training
Fluke VT04 Visual IR Thermometer, Li-Ion Rechargeable Battery, 14 to 482｡F
The Fluke VT04 is an upgraded model of the VT02 infrared thermometer, improving upon the intuitive aspects of the original model. The VT04 is uniquely designed, determines temperature quickly and accurately and is an ideal alternative to an entry-level thermal camera or infrared thermometer.
Featuring images 4x sharper than the VT02, Fluke’s VT04 allows the user to get a view of an area with heat overlay. This means that heat distribution isn’t limited to a single measurement spot like if you were using an infrared thermometer; instead the VT04 generates a view of heat distribution over a measurement area, not just a single spot.
Since it uses digital images with a thermal overlay, the VT04 beats many entry-level thermal cameras in terms of image quality. With thermal cameras it can be difficult to see exactly what the camera was pointing at at the time – the VT04 prevents this by taking a conventional digital image of the measurement point and adding in thermal detail on top. This makes it easy to spot a specific point within an area that is outputting too much or too little heat.
The blending function of the VT04, which overlays over the digital image, can be adjusted depending on user preference. The blending setting can be set to 0%, 25%, 50%, 75% and full thermal by just the touch of a button.
The VT04 is also significantly cheaper than investing in a thermal camera. It’s around half the price of an entry-level thermography tool and doesn’t require training or software to use, saving money on buying software and training courses. It’s also designed to be easy to use – even those who have never used the tester before can simply pick it up, point at an area and start testing instantly.
- 14 to 482°F (-10 to +250°C) temp range
- ±2°C or ±2% of reading in °C accuracy
- 6.5 to 14μm spectral band
- Breakthrough affordability
- Built-in digital camera
- Thermal heat map blends digital and thermal images to show the exact location of the issue. Blend between 0%, 25%, 50%, 75%, and full thermal with one button
- Fully automatic with built-in intelligence
- Hard case included
- SmartView software for producing professional reports
- Stores up to 10,000 images per Gb on included SD card
- Hot and cold spot trackers
- Best-in-class field of view for tight spaces: 28° x 28°
- Hi/Lo temperature alarm
- Time lapse image capture
- Half the price of most entry-level thermal cameras
- Comfortable, pistol-shaped grip
- Built-in digital camera
- Active blending of digital and thermal heat maps with adjustable blending – 0, 25, 50, 75% and full thermal
- No training required – just pick up and start measuring
- Pocket-sized design
- Stores up to 10000 images per Gb on included SD card
- Smartview reporting software allows creation of professional reports (included)
- Best-in–class field of view for use in tight spaces (28 x 28°)
- Four times sharper images than the Fluke VT04
- Hi/Lo temperature alarms (user-selectable)
- Time-lapse image capturing mode
- Auto monitor mode automatically captures images after a user selected temperature alarm has been triggered
- 8 hour battery life
- Temperature measurement range from -10 to 250°C (14 to 482°F)
- Focus free design
The VT04 ships complete with:
- Hard case
- Micro SD card and adapter
- Lithium ion rechargeable battery
- Micro USB charger/power supply (including worldwide adapters)
- Printed quick start guide
- Users manual
- SmartView® software (18 languages available for download)