Testo 176-T4 Temperature Data Logger (4-Channel)
The Testo 176 T4 (0572 1764) 4-Channel Temperature Data Logger is ideal for the monitoring of multiple temperatures with its bright, backlit display. The 176 T4 does the work of four single channel loggers in just one device. It has four ports that accept a wide range of Type J, Type K, and Type T thermocouples to fit any specialized application. The internal memory allows to store 2 million readings, just the right size to satisfy any long term monitoring needs.
Checking the Temperature in Super Freezers or Under Cryogenic Conditions
Specific products must be stored under extremely cold conditions so as to ensure their quality. Therefore, in many laboratories and research facilities you can for instance find super freezers which can be cooled down to -80 degrees C using liquid nitrogen or dry ice.
In many cases storage under cryogenic conditions is even required. So, particular biological or blood products are for example stored and transported at -196 degrees C. Special measuring instruments, such as the 176 T4, which are also fit for purpose at such low temperatures, are needed to check these extreme conditions.
Monitoring Process Temperatures
For production quality assurance, the temperature must frequently be checked at various points in production processes. Whether it is the air temperature, the temperature of production items themselves or the surface temperature of machines or motors.
Using thermocouple probes, the 176-T4 can also record data in the kinds of extreme temperature ranges that are often to be found in production processes. The probe’s fast speed of response contributes here to a good measurement result being achieved even in processes where temperatures change quickly.
Checking the Flow and Return Temperature of Heating Systems
The heating period starts in autumn and with it the time for tenants to complain that the apartment cannot be heated to the extent they want as well. Using flexible external pipe wrap probes and the 176-T4, you can for instance check the flow and return temperature of individual heaters in a targeted way, so as to identify causes and remedy them.
- External thermocouple parallel connections provide reliable temperature monitoring at up to four sites
- Compatible with Type T, Type K, Type J Thermocouples
- Large, easy to read, bright, backlit display for viewing current temperature
- Internal storage for 2,000,000 measurement values
- High level of data security
- Up to 8 years’ battery life
- IP54 protection class
- Capable of CFR 21 Part 11 Compliancy
- Data transfer possible using USB port or SD card (optional, sold separately)
- Uses a sensor to start up
- TC Type K measuring range: -319 to 1832 degrees F (-195 to 1000 degrees C)
- TC Type T measuring range: -328 to 752 degrees F (-200 to 400 degrees C)
- TC Type J measuring range: -148 to 1382 degrees F (-100 to 750 degrees C)
1 – Temperature Data Logger with External Sensors (176 T4)
1 – Lithium Battery, TL-5903
1 – Certificate of Conformity