Fluke 179 True RMS Digital Multimeter
The Fluke 179 True-RMS AC/DC Digital Multimeter, 1000V, with Analog Bargraph, Backlight and Temperature Measurement has the features needed to repair most electrical and electronic problems. This meter is simple and easy to use, and has significant improvements over Fluke’s original 70 Series, including True-RMS, more measurement functions, conformance to the latest safety standards, and a much larger, backlit display.
Versatile meter for maintenance, field service and bench repair.The Fluke 179 True-rms digital multimeter has the features needed to find most electrical and HVAC problems. Simple to use with significant improvements like True-rms, frequency, capacitance, temperature and min-max record.
The Fluke 179 has more measurement functions, conformance to the latest safety standards, and a much larger display with backlight that’s easier to view.
All inputs are protected to measurement CAT III 1000 V and CAT IV 600V. This meter can withstand transient impulses in excess of 8000 V to help protect you from arc blasts resulting from surges and spikes.
Why you need a True-RMS Multimeter
- Electronic loads with switching power supplies or inverters distort the ac voltage and current sine wave
- Non true-rms meters can measure up to 40 % low
- True-rms meters make the most accurate measurements when the sine wave is distorted
- True RMS measurements
- Manual and automatic ranging
- Display Hold and Auto Hold
- Frequency, capacitance, resistance, continuity and diode test
- Min/Max/Average records signal fluctuations
- Closed case calibration through front panel
- Ergonomic case with integrated protective holster
How the 179 Multimeter stacks up against other 170 series multimeters:
|Basic dc accuracy||0.3%||0.3%||0.15%||0.09%||0.09%||0.09%|
|ToolPak meter hanging kit with magnet||–||–||0pt||0pt||0pt||Included|